Tuesday, November 4, 2008

If this is lazy, then count me in.

So, I’ve been a little lazy with my cooking lately.

I think it’s a matter of Halloween and Election Day preoccupation that’s been soaking up my energy. But sometimes good things come from slacking on dinner. Behold:
Mmmmm…grilled cheese and tomato soup with a mountain of shredded mozzarella cheese on top. I’ve made this twice in the last week or so (like I said, I’ve been slacking). Obviously, canned soup paired with American “cheese” slices on Wonder Bread isn’t gourmet, but it is some serious comfort food. Plus, when you get home from a long day at work (or from a draining interview, in my case), you can make dinner and be plopped down on the couch in 15 minutes—less if you heat the soup in the microwave.

And it’s cheap. Until I find a job, cheap is very, very good.

Give a shout-out to your favorite comfort foods in the comments!

2 comments:

Chantal said...

ummm this is tres delicious and you're making me hungrrrry i want!

Anonymous said...

Goulash, big slow-cooked meatballs (usually from the crockpot and cooked ALL day), VERY gooey mac n cheese, loaded potato skins, covered dish potatoes (again made in the crockpot, with hash brown potatoes, butter, french onion dip and cheez whiz - good but frightenign when you think about it).